For many men having a daily skin-care regimen falls somewhere on their priority list between cleaning out the junk drawer and getting a colonoscopy. In fact, many guys can’t be bothered at all; they believe that skin-care falls squarely into the women’s arena. In fact, there is nothing further from the truth. Here are just a few reasons why.
• Skin that is moisturized and well-tended just looks better. It is supple and healthy, has a glow and makes a man look younger and more vital. Although looking older does not have the same stigma for men as it does for the so-called fairer sex, few people of either gender would turn down the opportunity to look more youthful.
• Your self-esteem will skyrocket. Just as a session in the gym can lift your spirits and make you feel good about yourself, so can adopting a simple, consistent skin-care program. To put it plainly, looking great will definitely make you feel great, too.
• Tending to your skin can attract romantic prospects to you. Who doesn’t gravitate toward a person who clearly takes the time to take care of himself? Smooth, soft skin signals to your current or future partner that you believe you’re worth the time it takes to make yourself look and feel good. That’s a turn-on in anyone’s book.
• Caring for your skin now can help you avoid visits to a dermatologist or even a plastic surgeon later. As the old saying goes, an ounce of prevention is better than a pound of cure.
What should a daily skin-care regimen look like? Don’t worry, it won’t keep you in the bathroom primping for hours. Just do the following:
• Wash your face morning and night with a fragrance-free, water soluble cleanser.
• Use irritant and fragrance-free shaving cream and after-shave, as needed.
• Each morning, apply a quality moisturizer to your face and neck.
• Regularly, apply an exfoliant to reduce bumps and breakouts. You can also use it in the morning before your shaving routine.
• If you are having problems with acne, rosacea, or hyperpigmentation a natural skin cream containing Azelaic and Kojic acids is best to conquer these problems and renew your skin.
Taking these steps will only add a few quick minutes to your grooming time. Yet they will go a long way toward improving not only your appearance, but also your own self-esteem. You’ll be amazed by how quickly you—and your spouse or other potential partners—also notice the difference. In the end, you will definitely find that adopting this simple routine beats both junk drawer cleaning and colonoscopies by a mile.